Chronic illness not only affects a person's health, it affects their whole life...
Common challenges with Crohn's and Colitis:
- No one understands what it's like
- Feeling tired, anxious and/of depressed
- Falling behind in school or work
- Not being able to keep up with friends and relationships
- Plans "messed up" by a flare
We will work together to:
- Cultivate compassion for yourself
- Come to terms with the "invisibility of the disease"
- Not let your illness define you
- Move you forward in your life.
And develop strategies to:
- Better handle day-to-day activities
- Cope with the "ups and downs"
- Become your own advocate
- Minimize isolation
- Create safe havens and thrive!